We aim to extend genuine hospitality to all guests and visitors of The Hollywood Hotel.
Our goal is to make it as effortless as possible for everyone, including people with hearing or vision loss, or any other disability, to access information about our hotel and to book a stay.
If you encounter problems learning about The Hollywood Hotel or booking a stay, we encourage you to contact us by telephone or email. Our helpful staff will be delighted to assist you.
Attention: Digital Accessibility
1160 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
We are committed to providing an easy-to-use online experience for all guests, and believe that every website visitor, regardless of their device type or reliance on assistive technology (including screen readers, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software) should be able to research our site online at https://www.thehollywoodhotel.com/ .
To ensure this, Hollywood Hotel complies with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing programs thoughtfully adhere to these guidelines, and are continuously updated and enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel's website to confirm that we meet or exceed Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have questions or concerns, or would like to report an issue related to the accessibility features of our website, please contact us at email@example.com
You can learn more about W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE.
In addition, our full site was tested using SiteImprove, a third party authority in web accessibility. The website is routinely tested to ensure that any new or newly edited content conforms with the most up-to-date accessibility guidelines, as reported by the SiteImprove tool.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you are experiencing difficulty reading the Hollywood Hotel website on your screen, changing the settings on your browser may help to improve the readability and visibility of each page:
Find out more about the accessibility features of these leading Internet Browsers through the links below:
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
The website for Hollywood Hotel was developed to be fully accessible to all site visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. It conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
- Navigation Shortcuts
To navigate our website, use the tab key to explore the elements of each page and the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our sitemap for easy navigation at: https://www.thehollywoodhotel.com/sitemap
- Images Visibility
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
The website is designed to conform to Level AA compliance, as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following free tools and services are available to assist you with viewing and interacting with our hotel website:
- Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Accessible On-Site Features At The Hollywood Hotel
- 36 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Accessibility Equipment for the Deaf
- Accessible Business Center
- Accessible Entrance to Restaurant
- Accessible Guest Rooms with 36 Inch Wide Openings
- Accessible Pool Entrance
- Accessible Registration Check-In Counters/Other Counters Serving Guests have a Lowered Portion No More Than 36" High or Has a Folding Shelf At 36" High to Allow Persons Who Use a Wheelchair
- ADA Accessible Guest Room
- All areas of the hotel are accessible by wheelchair - including a wheelchair accessible route from the accessible parking spaces to the facility's main parking lot entrance and to the key areas of the facility.
- All doorways to and within Accessible Guest Roos are Wheelchair Accessible
- All hallways and corridors are free of any steps or abrupt vertical level changes.
- All sidewalks and walkways are free of any objects that pose a hazard to persons with low vision.
- Braille Signage throughout property
- Connecting Rooms Available
- Door Hardware (lever, pull, panic bar, etc.) usable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist
- Exterior stairs built so blind persons and persons with low vision will not hit their head
- Front Entrance Door Bell and Intercom
- Parking Lot Entrance Door Bell and Intercom
- Gift Shop on Ground Floor
- Ground Floor Hotel Entrance
- Hotel corridors a minimum 36" wide
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Guest Rooms Stipulated by ADA
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Parking Spots Including Van Accessible Spots Stipulated by ADA
- Key Card reader positioned so persons who use wheelchairs may approach and operate the opener.
- Lower Counter Height with Access to Pull Underneath
- Main Features of Hotel Accessible on Ground Floor
- No Steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible guest rooms and common areas
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and entrance
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and guest room entry
- On-Site Designated Accessible Parking
- People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That others Can Reserve Rooms
- Pool Entrance and Area Accessible
- Registration Desk, Lobby, Guest Rooms, and Exterior/Interior Amenities are Accessible From the Public Sidewalk.
- Roll-in ADA showers available
- Self-Operating ADA Pool Lift
- Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- Signs on the Property Include Braille are Easy to Read and Free From Reflective Material
- Staff Has Access to Information About Guest Rooms
- Staff is Trained to Offer Assistance to Ensure Accessibility
- TDD Telephone
- Van Accessible Parking
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- Wheelchair Accessibility Throughout Guest Room and Guest Bathroom per ADA Standards
- Wheelchair Accessible per ADA Standards
- Wheelchair Accessible Route From The Accessible Parking Space To The Facility’s Entrance, Registration Desk, Guest Room, and Exterior/Interior Amenities
Guest Room Accessibility Features
- Wheelchair Accessible Guestroom Door Entrance, Bathroom Door Entrance, Interior Doors Per ADA Standards That Allow At Least 36" Clear Passage Width So Persons Who Use Wheelchairs, Crutches, And Other Mobility Aids Can Visit Or Stay; In Addition, Door hardware (Levers, Pulls, Panic Bars, Etc.) On All Entry Doors To Accessible Guestrooms And Other Passage Doors Within The Room Are Usable With One Hand Without Tight Grasping, Pinching, Or Twisting Of The Wrist
- Service Animals Allowed
- Lowered Counter Height
- Accessible Power Outlets
- Hearing Impaired Light Alerts with Kit
- Light/Lamp Controls are Push Button
- Lower Level Individual Thermostat
- Lowered Closet Bars and Shelving
- Strobe Lights
- Visual Door Knocker
- Shaker Alarm Clock
- TDD Teletype
- Visual Alarm Equipped
- Closed Captioning Television
- Door Bell
- 36" or More Accessible Path of Travel Around and Between Beds Per ADA Standards
- Low Level Iron
- Multi-Level Door Viewers
- Closet Bars and/or Shelving Lowered
- Drapery Control with a 36” Clear Path Within Reach & Lowered Wands
- Lowered, Individual Thermostat Control
- Push Button Light/Lamp Control-Type
- Hearing Impaired Light Alerts – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- Table/Desk Height Accessible with Knee Space 27” (width) and 34" (height)
- At Least (1) Power Outlet with a Clear Space in Front, 15” from Ground
- Power Outlets within 4” of Telephone
- Ground Floor Rooms Available with 2 Beds
- Communication Kits Available with TTY Machine, Strobe Light, & Visual Door Knocker
- Visual Alarm – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- Telephone with Visual Call Alert – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- Wheelchair Accessible Route in Room
- Telephone with Volume Control
- Auxiliary visual alarms, notification devices and telephone accommodations
- Door hardware on all entry doors to accessible guestrooms and other passage doors within the room usable with one hand
- Drapery wands and controls on fixed lamps and HVAC units easily operable with one hand
Bathroom Accessibility Features
- Grab Bars in Shower with a Shower Seat
- Hand-Held Shower Wand with Shutoff Valve and Temperature Regulator With At Least A 60" Long Hose Provided So Persons Who Bathe From A Seated Position May Wash And Rinse With The Directional Spray
- Low-Level Towel Hooks, Racks, or Bars Placed Within 54" Of The Floor For Side Approach Or 48" Of The Floor For Forward Approach So Persons Who Use Wheelchairs Can Approach And Use The Towel Racks
- Lower Mirrors
- Removable Shower Head
- Roll-In Shower That Is Free Of Curbs Or Lips At The Shower Floor Thus Allowing Wheelchair Approach And Transfer Onto The Folding Shower Seat; in addition, Free Of Doors That Would Impede Wheelchair Transfer Onto The Seat, Horizontal Grab Bar On The Wall Opposite The Seat For Stabilization And Aid In Maneuvering While In A Shower Wheelchair, Faucet Controls And Shower Wand Positioned On The Wall Along The Side Of The Shower Seat So They Are Operable From The Folding Shower Seat or From The Shower Wheelchair, Roll-in Shower Has A Securely Fastened Folding Seat At 17"-19" Above The Floor Onto Which Persons Who Use Wheelchairs May Transfer To Shower
- Shower Seat
- Lowered Towel Hooks, Racks, or Bars Placed Within 54" Of The Floor For Side Approach Or 48" Of The Floor For Forward Approach So Persons Who Use Wheelchairs Can Approach And Use The Towel Racks
- Toilet Grab Bars Per ADA Standards - Grab Bars on the rear and side of the toilet
- Drain and Water Pipes Under Sink are Insulated
- Faucet that is easily operable with hardware that is (i.e.: levers, wrist blades, single arm, etc.) usable with one hand
- Bathroom floors in the accessible guestrooms slip-resistant
- Wheelchair Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Wheelchair Accessible Sink That Is No More Than 34" High With At Least 29" High Clearance Under The Front Edge To Allow Persons Who Use Wheelchairs To Pull Under The Lavatory And Use The Faucet Hardware Per ADA Standards. Faucet That Is Easily Operable (i.e.: Levers, Wrist blades, Single Arm, Etc.) And Usable With One Hand, Without Tight Grasping, Pinching, or Twisting of The Wrist
- Wheelchair Accessible Raised Toilet Per ADA Standards Including Toilet Seat Between 17"-19" Above The Floor; In Addition, Toilet Is Centered 18" From The Adjacent Side Wall, Which Is The Distance That Will Permit A Person With A Mobility Impairment To Use The Grab Bars. Accessible Toilet Have A Horizontal Grab Bar On The Adjacent Side wall That Is At Least 40" Long and Between 33"-36" Above The Floor For Stabilization and Assistance During Transfer From A Wheelchair; in addition, A Horizontal Grab Bar On The Wall Behind The Toilet That Is At Least 36" Long and Between 33"-36" Above The Floor For Stabilization and Assistance During Transfer From A Wheelchair
Guest Entry & Parking
- Accessible flat entry with level landing and 78" automatic opening entry passage doors via parking lot entrance and ADA ramp
- Accessible flat parking spaces for Five (5) cars and One (1) Van with access aisles in the self-parking facility (the ADA parking is 116 inches in width)
- Loading and unloading zone is 100 inches in width
- Van-accessible parking with access aisles in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance that is graded to the parking lot
- Accessible registration desk or desk-less mobile tablet registration
- Wheelchair accessible elevators
- 32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guest rooms via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities via parking lot entrance
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool pathway via parking lot entrance
- Accessible hotel restaurant
- Accessible exercise facility
- Accessible swimming pool with ADA chair lift
- Accessible transportation with advance notice
- Assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility and hearing-accessible features and/or kits with TTY/TTD
- Room doors and Bathroom doors 36" width with lever handles, lowered door knockers and viewports
- Electrical outlets lowered
- Adjustable showerhead and/or shower wand
- ADA guest rooms have 2 queen size beds
- Alarms - Visual Strobe
- Toilet seat wheelchair height
- Braille room numbers
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
- Lower countertop vanities in washrooms
- Portable shower chairs
- Roll-in shower with grab bars and seat
- Tubs with grab bars
- Service support animals welcome
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Hollywood Hotel - The Hotel of Hollywood is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.TheHollywoodHotel.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Accessibility Software and Services
- The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
- Browser Help
- Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Yosemite Westgate Lodge website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
- Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support